A Master's job is simple: design and launch a fabulous quest.
But building memorable quests involves considerable effort, thought, and planning. So what is it that draws so many people to invest the time, energy, and money? We asked a number of our customers and colleagues, and here’s how they replied.
7 Reasons People Own Quest Boxes
- They give you the rare chance to provide someone with an intensely personal, movie-like experience.
- They make powerful and romantic relationship builders. Thirteen couples and counting have already become engaged using Quest Boxes.
- They’re just plain fun! Quests don’t have to be dramatic or involve long distances. Just send the kids on a Saturday afternoon “adventure” to a local ice cream shop.
- Their heirloom-quality workmanship makes them great and functional conversation pieces.
- The Quest Box has a fascinating history.
- Quest Box Masters form a community of people sharing adventure stories.
- They’re an important bit of technology from the Maker Movement.
What Owners Do
Here’s what a Quest Box Master can do with the free Quest Designer software:
- Lock a treasure inside a Quest Box.
- Select the magic location where the box will open.
- Choose how close to the destination the Subject has to be to spring the latch.
- Select the maximum number of attempts the Subject is allowed.
- Customize a friendly, personalized greeting.
- Gain emergency access to the box to add or remove a treasure or to reset the attempt counter.